Insta-scroll

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Simple Question

Are you tired of hearing "I'm fine" from people you care for?
Well don't be.

*Just a random tip of the day. Also a note to remind myself.

There can be so much reasons behind "I'm fine". I'm going to use a 'She' here because I believe females tend to use it more, but of course it's the same for guys.
So you wonder, why does she keeps telling you she's fine? Why is she refusing to talk about it? Does she not trust you?

Well, reasons could be:

  • She's really fine
  • It's hurting too much
  • She doesn't know how to put them into words
  • She's too lazy to talk about it
  • She feels that you wouldn't understand
  • She's afraid of being judged
  • She thinks that you are asking just for the sake of asking
  • She doesn't want you to know
or maybe more other reasons.

So you've asked if she's okay so many times and always get the same answer back, and that probably annoys you.
But you know what? That simple question "Are you Okay?" actually make a difference, even when you always receive the same answer.

Admit guilty, I would usually be annoyed. Because bad temper here. & I truly wish I had and would have more patience with people whom I care for. Sometimes I am afraid to ask, reason being the fact that I suck at comforting people and also that I was afraid of not being able to help or make them feel better.

Anyway, truth is that the simple question makes that someone knows that you care. & it is actually very comforting to know that somebody care. So no matter how many times you get back the same "I'm fine", don't stop asking. Unless you stopped caring.



Are you Okay today?

No comments :

Post a Comment