Insta-scroll

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

JAPAN TRIP

FINALLY the long awaited post.
Hahaha~
Had to pick out a few photos to put up but the few ended up a lot, so pardon me for the long post cuz I can't be bothered to split them up.


Flight by ANA to Narita Airport.



We arrived at Narita airport and while waiting for domestic flight to Osaka, had RAMEN. Yumyum~



It was kinda late when we reached our hotel at Osaka, had to chiong to nearby Aeon mall for dinner before they close.


Omurice damn shiok.
We were told Japanese usually don't eat rice for dinner.
But whatever lol.


Next morning on the way to Nishiki market, a random veggie stall on street.
Veggies with faces. SO KAWAII


Matcha ice cream while admiring cherry blossom is shiokkkkkkk





We had our Unagi set lunch at Shinsaibashi shopping street.
Everything is so yummy in Japan even their plain rice.
I super love Japanese cuisine!


Then we got to have our optional Kobe beef.


SUPER GOOD
This cost me 10,000 Yen.... $_$


Had Tako Yaki by the street, the stall our tour guide recommended.


Then for dinner, we went back to our hotel where we had sushi making class.
It was fun!


I made my own california roll. hehehe


^_^



Buffet breakfast at Kyoto Plaza Hotel.
We were told Japanese don't eat porridge for breakfast. (Only those who are sick or toothless eats them)
I'm like... What?! I just had them though. Hahaha~


At Kiyomizu Temple Shopping Street, our tour guide recommended ice cream at this Tofu Restaurant.
(Which I didn't try)
Damnn.. kinda regret now hahaha


Kimonos are really damn pretty. Haha but none of them here are actually Japanese..


Lunch at Sakura park in a famous Sumo Restaurant.
Hotpot, this is what Sumo eat!!
Probably the only meal my colleague truly enjoyed cuz she don't really like Japanese cuisine or raw food.
Then I saw her put the delicious little sweet prawns into the hotpot. T_T



Dessert after sumo meal. The matcha ice cream is so good!


Kenroukuen Garden is a freaking beautiful garden. You can totally find peace here lol.


Really cannot get enough for sakura hehe..


Buffet dinner at this place which idk where


Can eat till stomach explode.


Our next day buffet breakfast at APA hotel.


We arrived Shirakawa-go and it was raining quite heavily.
Both my colleagues decided to hide in the coach so I walked around on my own.
It's like a must go place so of course must see right!


UNESCO World Heritage Site with traditional thatched roof houses

It was really nice walking in the quiet village alone.
The sky cleared half way during my walk, wind was damn shiok too. 


At Takayama Town, there was quite a lot of shop houses selling beef.
Both my colleagues don't eat beef so I had no one to share it with. Oh well~
Had grilled beef skewers which I forgot to take a photo of before popping them into my mouth..


Just look for the stalls with many Japanese queuing.


Ta-da. Beef Sushi! With a cracker plate :P


Ramen lunch at Takayama Town



The ramen is not our usual pork broth, this is soy based.
Kinda feel like maggie mee lol..


So whenever we go on longer journey, I would buy a bottle of green tea at the vending machines on the way.
So warm green tea is so nice to hold~~


On one of the night we slept on traditional tatami room,
learned how to wear a yukata and enjoyed hot spring bath at an authentic onsen resort.
Omg so relaxing life ~~~



Dinner was a little too much, but waaaaaaaa..


We had traditional japanese breakfast the next morning. Rice, fish, miso soup is a must.


So I tried Natto aka Fermented Soybeans for the first time, and I actually liked it!
For one, because I was told it is healthy.
Two, it's fun to stir.
Three, it actually taste good with rice and seaweed!
& it really doesn't smell that bad.



Next morning we went strawberry picking.



Pick and eat ON THE SPOT! A lot of them are very very sweet ^_^


Weeheee~!! I love the clear sky!


On our way up Mt. Fuji.. OMG
I fell in love with the view instantly. What a beautiful mountain!
and..... Roller Coaster!! Imagine me getting all excited and wishing I'm on that ride.


Apparently not everyone get to see Mt Fuji so clearly, and so I was feeling really really lucky :D


Coldest was when we were at Mt Fuji 4th station.
A pity we couldn't go up to 5th station, the view is better there but oh well.. better than nothing.


Super windy up there




We had grilled meat for lunch, and cuz I'm the only one eating beef, I waited for both of them to finish grilling their meat before placing my beef meat on the grill. 


Special order of Sashimi platter shared with MF.
Super love for sashimi ♥


We went shopping at Gotemba Premium Outlet, I didn't buy much there cuz spent too much on food LOL~

Look! Mt Fuji behind me hehe.


We decided to buy our dinner from the convenience store back to our hotel after shopping at Daiso.


Even microwaved ramen is yummy in Japan.



At Asakusa Kannon Temple


The famous Kaminarimon (雷门)


We had our lunch at a small Tonkatsu shop which our tour guide recommended to us.
End up everyone went there so the whole shop is filled with our people hahaha




The portion is big and it's really delicious and worth the price!


Last meal of trip on the plane back to Singapore...


It was a really memorable trip for me.
Both our tour leader Steven and our local tour guide Michelle are really nice and friendly.
Like seriously, highly recommended! Hahaha,
Hopefully next time I can have Michelle bringing me to other parts of Japan :P




Oh yay I finally posted on my Japan trip!

Travelling rule - Never be afraid to try something new!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment