Insta-scroll

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Movies?

Hi, just checking out Now Showing on movie list and realized I've actually watched so many of them, but didn't felt like I did haha.

I'm too lazy and not good in giving reviews though.

Watched The Hobbit 2 in Bangkok Siam Paragon, awesome experience!
We watched it in freaking 4D yo~
but actually I haven't even watched the first one at all so was a little confused.

FROZEN! So nice and christmassy.
I love Christmas season movies! Love Disney movies!

Police Story with awesome Jackie Chan.
Not too much action but I thought it was still good :)

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty was quite interesting.
How many of us would actually be courageous enough to get out of our comfort zone to step into adventure?

47 Ronin.
Its just funny that this was filmed in Japan, they had mostly Japanese in the show (except for the main lead)
but all of them speaks in English. Haha

American Hustle. Love the cast, but cannot understand the movie.
Is it just me?

BAD GRANDPA. Haha just for laughs!
They basically just pranked everyone!!

I seriously cannot understand how Devil's Due gets to blockbuster. It freaking sucks.
& I almost paid a $13 ticket because Cathay sells blockbuster movies more expensive.
This is shit!! It's a good thing I changed to a cheaper theatre.
I watched it simply because I kinda like watching pregnancy. lol.
but damn, probably my last time watching a found footage movie.
Half way through I felt nauseous already.


This may be random, but I thought the difference with Asian and Western horror movies.

Most of the Chinese, Korean, or Japanese horror movies, they have a deeper story behind them. Like a 'moral of the story' kinda thing... Either the ghosts or the victims learned their lesson in the end, somehow. More meaningful in a way.

However for Western horror movies (or at least those that I have watched), they were mostly random and... the encounters were just out of bad luck. There is no explanation to your 'suayness', you are just unlucky to turned in the wrong turn, moved in the wrong house, or the devils/spirits probably just draw lots to possess you. It's more of just making awareness of devils' existence and sharing of their encounters.

Not saying which is better or whatever, just stating the differences.
I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. After all I haven't really watched a lot of them.


No comments :

Post a Comment